Friday, April 29, 2011

Random Notions of the Nonsensical - I

Have you ever wondered how it would be had you been in a different time period ? I'm not talking about the prehistoric or mesozoic eras. You don't have to think so far behind. Just a couple of decades or centuries back. Though, coming to think of it now, living in the dinosaur era might be the coolest thing ever. Think of that old cartoon that used to air on the old Cartoon Network "Herculoids". Interesting huh.

Why I am talking about this is because I have thought about it. And like everything else I think about, there is no sanity in any of it. Imagine being there at great historical events like The Indian Independence Movement, the assassination of JFK, Martin Luther King Jr.'s "I have a dream" speech. Being there when the Easter Island heads appeared. Finally solving the mystery of "What Happened to the dinosaurs?". Being there at Stonehenge. Going back and asking The Mayans whether the world will really end. Figuring out whether the Knights Templar knew the secret of the Holy Grail. The list is endless. For me at least. Though I'd like to believe that many people will share the same thoughts.

This brings me to which part of time I really want to go to. I have always enjoyed the Classic Rock and Rock 'N' Roll more than the current stuff. I think it started when I first found my dad's 'A Hard Day's Night' audio cassette. That led me to the Eagles and it went on from there. Yes, there was also a phase where nothing could beat the Backstreet Boys. Ugh. But as I grew older and wiser (supposedly), the magic of the classics found me again. The Beatles, Simon & Garfunkel , The Rolling Stones , Creedence Clearwater Revival, Jimi Hendrix and the list goes on. Playlists of 50 best Rock songs, VH1's best ever rock songs. I was hooked. Even more now than before.

Now, the events mentioned earlier have something to compete with. But they can't even come close. If I could transport myself, all 23 years of age and wisdom (there I go again) , there's one place I want to be - The Woodstock Music & Art Fair

WOODSTOCK BABY !!!!!

Imagine being there. Listening to musical legends like Jimi Hendrix , Santana , Creedence Clearwater Revival , Canned Heat , Grateful Dead , Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young and many many more. Imagine if Bob Dylan, Zeppelin and the Beatles hadn't declined the invitation.

AHHHHHHH! !! ! ! !

I am going crazy just thinking about it. I think had I been a teen or in my 20s back then, I might have joined the hippie movement in all it's glory. For sure. It's obvious when my favorite song is by The Beatles and is "I am a Walrus". Carefree. No care in the world for authority. Unkempt appearances. I think that works.

Yes. It does. ;D

To sign off,

I am the eggman
They are the eggmen
I am the walrus
Goo goo g' joob
G-goo goo g' joob
Goo goo g' goo
G-goo goo g' joob goo.

Atu

1 comment:

  1. Athu... Need not be a few decades, rewind a few years back and imagine..

    Memories :)

    ReplyDelete