Monday, September 6, 2010

Year One - III

I realized I wasn't here to play the fool and have fun. I was here for a reason. I can't afford to play the fool, have fun all the time. Thought I made a mistake. A big one. I guess that's what it took for me to get serious and realize why I came to the USA. A bad grade.

Christmas at Pittsburgh. Going to a Penguins game. Back in NYC. Picking up Vyaas at Penn Station. Meeting up with Vishoka, Vishwam and his friends. Meeting random people and going out. Ball drop at Times Square. Poker back home. An interesting new years. Ethiopian food. Going out with Anusha and Danny in NYC. Headed to Summit for a week of rest. Back in NYC for Sid's birthday. Accepting what has happened. My birthday. Narayan's sugar "cake". Semester starts. Realise I have to prove myself to myself. Courses. Projects. Inter-mural Soccer. Soccer at Tillary Street. Playing pranks on Kanishka. New roommate. First actual party at home. Vivek's birthday. Narayan leaves to California. Mid Terms. Going to Harry-O's after the last one. Knocking down beers with Pushkar. Counterstrike craziness. Party at Vinay's house. Helping Sid move to hoboken. S'Mac. Back to school. Term paper. 2nd Mid Term. Finals. And semester 2 is done. Good grades. The smile is back !

SUMMER!

A slow start. Heading to Rochester. Hanging out with Rohin, MSK and Surya. Adi comes. Sanjay comes. Seneca Lake. Random places. PEARL :D. Roadtrip somewhere. Six Flags Darien Lake. Driving through Pennsylvania. Rafting in the Youghiogheny River. Real rapids. Falling in the water. Losing my new sunglasses. Driving back. A stop at a motel near Erie. Drunk and calls to Mickey and Vipul. Niagara Falls. Sanjay leaves in Buffalo. Back in Rochester. Adi leaves. Back to NYC. Back to research. Don and me trying to figure out the nozzle. New project. A month of work. The NBA Finals. The Forum. Black and Tan's for dinner. Getting hammered every alternate day. Dim Sum. World Cup. Don and me streaming on ESPN3 at office. Leave to Colorado. Family reunion. Meeting Yadav after 16 years. A week of fun. Amazing fun. Back to NYC. Scary realisation of what might happen. Start Blog. It all works out. All's good. Work continues. Ads arrives. A week as an NYC tourist. Weekend at Summit. Back to school. Back to work. Doing random shit. Hanging out with Sid. Rohin drops in. Wii at home. Summer's gone by so fast.

And School starts tomorrow. Semester 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment