Thursday, August 19, 2010

Year One - II

I actually have to go back to the previous post to see where I left off.

All this was overwhelming. Thinking back, it all seems like a dream. So much has happened that it's difficult to mention it all. Forgot to mention stuff too. Funny the way you forget somethings and when you do remember it, it gets stuck and you'll never forget that "thing" again.

Our first birthday celebration at home. The first time friends came over and we sat around drinking. Taking the Ya-Ya's out for dinner. For all they've done for me. It doesn't even come close to paying them back. Talking to dad over Skype. Talking to mom in Nebraska (Still feel bad I couldn't go see her). Going to go to Boston for Vihaan's First Birthday. The first time my friends and I went to Harry-O's and made Kanishka pay. Growing the goatee and mustache. Shaving off the goatee and mustache(Why!). Going ice skating. Spraining my ankle. Limping to pick up the dudes from Rochester. Having an insane party at home with them. Thanksgiving at Ashwin Anna's. Heading to Summit for the rest of the break. Back at NYC. Freaking out that the semester's ending and finals are up. Still playing the fool. Finding allposters.com. Studying in the library. My first final in the US.The first snow! A storm. Heading out from library to home playing in the snow. Making crazy stuff in the snow outside on the pavement. Putting up the posters. Finishing my last final of the first semester. The party at home. The pictures say it all.

One semester done. 5 months in the USA. It was all fun till then. Then reality HIT.

No comments:

Post a Comment